In order to transfer final results from the Moodle e-course to the SIS exam results report or continuing education programme results report, the final results in the final result column of the gradebook in the Moodle course need to be added in the same grading system as in the SIS syllabus and report. With differentiated assessment, the grades are on letter-scale from A to F and with non-differentiated assessment the grades are on the scale pass/fail.
The exam report must be prepared in SIS in accordance with the Study Regulations.
Requirements for importing final results from Moodle to the SIS report (exam results report or continuing education programme reports):
- partially or entirely web-based syllabus in SIS is related to a Moodle course;
- students registered for the course have been added to the Moodle course through SIS;
- final results in Moodle have been entered using the same grading system as in the SIS syllabus and, therefore, the exam report (see the instructions for setting the final grade);
- report status is “registered”.
If you click Change in the registered report, the report has the field Grades from Moodle with links View grades and Add grades to report.
View grades — you can see the grades for this syllabus in the final grade column of the gradebook of the respective Moodle course.
Add grades to report — you can import grades from Moodle to the SIS report. Grades are not imported if
- there is already a grade in the report;
- the grade in Moodle does not comply with the grading system in the report, e.g. the grading system in the report is based on letter scale but in Moodle the scale is pass/fail.
If there is a grade in the final grade column of the gradebook in Moodle which is not from the grading system in the report (data taken from the curricula information in the report), the report displays a warning: Moodle grade is not in the report grading system. The necessary changes need to be made in the SIS syllabus grading system or Moodle.
If there is already a grade in the report but it differs from the final grade in Moodle, a warning is displayed: The grade in the report is F and the grade in Moodle is C. Check the grade and make the necessary changes in the report or Moodle.
NB If the final result is missing in the Moodle gradebook (the student has not entered the Moodle course and/or completed any graded tasks), the SIS report records these students as “not present”.
How to enter grades in SIS1? (in Estonian)