Nordic Knitting Symposium 2018
During the Sypmosium we will offer several special events for the participants, for example the legendary Walk & Knit competition in the open air! It will be held in Heimtali on Friday, June 29. As we are expecting international teams this time we will title the competition Walk & Knit Olympics!
Käi ja Koo (Walk´n´Knit) is a knitting-while-walking competition.
The competition is open for four-member relay teams. It would be possible to register to the competition on location at the day of the competition, June 29. Equipment for the competition will be provided by the organisers.
Käi ja Koo rules
1. Four-member teams can participate.
2. Supplies (yarn, thread, knitting project bags) will be provided by organizers.
3. Each team have one knitting project which will be handed over from one competitor to another.
4. Every team-member walks a track about 100 meters long, while knitting with five double pointed needles no 2 mm.
5. Before the start cast 40 stitches, distribute stitches on four needles and knit the first round.
6. The yarn ball is kept in a knitting project bag, hanging on competitors wrist. The bag will be handed over from one competitor to another as well.
7. The prize goes to the team that can work on as many rounds as possible, the quality of work and finish time are important as well.
8. Walking is the only correct way to go through the distance. Running or standing on one spot will cause the loss of points.
The race is taking place on a field, wear suitable footwear!
IMPORTANT: Knitting needles can be hazardous. Organizers will not be liable for injuries.
The competition is organized by Lossi Gild, the association of craftsmen.