BALTIC STUDENT CONFERENCE "BRIDGES IN THE BALTICS"
"Bridges in the Baltics" is an annual student conference organized by University of Tartu together with other universities in the Baltic Sea region. The aim of the conference is to bring together students whose studies and research focus are on the languages or culture of the three Baltic States, to give them the possibility to meet their peers from other countries and universities, to present their academic work and interests, learn from each other and make new contacts. The conference welcomes everyone who is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree at any university in the Baltic States or elsewhere.
The conference welcomes proposals concerning any of the following aspects of the Baltic countries:
- language and literature
- history, folklore and culture
- arts, film and music
- cultural, biographical and gender studies
- modern technology and innovation in the Baltic societies
- political and social developments in the Baltic region
The working languages of the conference are Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian and English. Everyone is welcome to give their presentation in any language mentioned above and we encourage using the languages of the Baltic States. However, the abstract and presentation slides should be in English.
Since 2013 conference "Bridges in the Baltics has been organized seven times:
- The first conference was held in 2013 at the University of Tartu (Estonia),
- The second conference in 2014 at the University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia),
- The third conference in 2015 at the Vilnius University (Lithuania),
- The fourth conference in 2016 at the Warsaw University (Poland),
- The fifth conference in 2017 at the Stockholm University (Sweden),
- The sixth conference in 2018 at the University of Tartu (Estonia),
- The seventh conference in 2019 at the University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia).
The eight Baltic student conference "Bridges in the Baltics" was postponed to year 2021.