The network is aiming at reaching the following targets:
- to contribute to the development of high-standard research, informed by already present scientific knowledge and expertise at different not-yet connected institutions
- to establish a high-profile Nordic movement in narrative studies by co-ordinating the work of local projects and adding synergy to already established contacts;
- to make the Nordic region a potentially leading area of narrative research able to compete with narrative centres in Europe and the U.S.
- to develop international communication and dialogue with European, Asian and American partners;
- to support research training, organization of international doctoral schools and master classes
- to further the knowledge and understanding of narrative and inquiry into applicability of narrative studies in different branches of science and society life.