Application to the summer school/Workshop "Microsatellites in planetary and atmospheric research " is now ended. Deadline for applications was 31 May 2018 23:59 UTC.
You are eligible for attending the course and to be selected for the waiver if the participation fee if you are one of the following:
- an undergraduate, Master's, engineering or Ph. D. student in a subject relevant to astronomy, planetary science, geosciences, atmospheric sciences and technology (chemistry, astronomy, physics, geology, biology, engineering, etc.)
- a postdoctoral researcher (or in a similar position) in a relevant field and your first Ph. D. in such a field is less than 8 years before the application deadline.
- Other scientists are welcome to apply, but will not be eligible for the waiver of the particiption fee.
- the completed cover page
- a curriculum vitae
- a short motivation letter (why you want to attend the course)
- a list of your publications
Please send the application form by e-mail to Wolf Geppert (email@example.com). In the cover page you are asked to give two scientists as reference. Please do not send any reference letters, we will contact them if we need to. If you already have a curriculum vitae and a publication list, in a .doc or .pdf format, you can also attach them as seperate files to e-mail.
The organisers will then select the participants that will be invited to participate the school. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection in the second half of June.
- May 31th deadline for application
- June 22th SOC will decide on recipients for bursaries
- July 15th deadline for paying the summer school fee*
* People selected for reimbursement do not have to pay registration fee and they will be notified by SOC decision by email. If you do not receive reimbursement notification email by July 10th then please pay registration fee to a bank account below:
The following course participation fees apply (prices in EUR):
|Participant type||Participant fee|
|Student or early career researcher selected by the Scientific Committee||Free|
|Any other participant||200.-|
Participation fees cover
- Lunches and coffee breaks from 6 August 2018 to 12 August 2018
- Excursion with dinner and farewell dinner (Other dinners are NOT included)
- Buffet breakfasts for people living at the Hotel Dorpat
- People at Hector Hostel can make their own breakfasts and dinners (well-equipped kitchen available).
- Transfer between Tartu and Toravere Observatory
- Course material
In addition, ALL participants (apart from invited speakers) have to find own funds for travel and accomodation. The following accommodations are available for special prices and can be booked upon registration (participants are free to sort out their own accommodation also independently):
|Accommodation type||Participants selected by the Scientific Committee||Other participants|
|Single room in Hector Hostel with private facilities||75.-||250.-|
|Shared double room in Hector Hostel with private facilities||Free||175.-|
|Shared double room in Hector Hostel with shared facilities||Free||140.-|
|Shared double room in Hotel Dorpat***||75.-||250.-|
|Single room in Hotel Dorpat***||225.-||400.-|
The quoted accommodation prices are for 7 nights from August 5th (arrival) to August 12th (departure) in the respective category. Extra nights before and after the event have to be booked and paid individually.
Bank transfer details:
University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, 50090 Tartu, Estonia
Bank name: SEB Pank AS, Tornimäe 2, 15010 Tallinn
Account nr (IBAN): EE281010102000234007
As for the transfer description, please enter: Family Name, First Name and ABSS Tartu2018 for the reference