Majandusteaduse ja innovatsiooni doktorikool
Target group: PhD students and their supervisors from the fields of Economics, Political Science, Law, Governments and Politics, Public Administration and Management. NB! Applicants from University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn University, Estonian University of Life Sciences and Estonian Business School are welcome.
The aim of the PhD Summer School is to develop PhD students’ presentation skills as well as their qualification of doing research, and enhance both intra-, interdistsiplinary and international research co-operation.
Venue: Meresuu SPA & Hotel, Narva-Jõesuu
The three-day programme includes:
- Doctoral working paper sessions (Economics, Law and Political Science)
- Doctoral poster session
- Guest lectures
- Socializing and networking
Guest lectures (list will be updated):
- Influencer Cartels - Marit Hinnosaar (University of Nottingham)
- Sequential Contests and Their Applications - Toomas Hinnosaar (University of Nottingham)
- The role and responsibility of the Hungarian Constitutional Court in building and sustaining democracy in Hungary - Zoltán Pozsár-Szentmiklósy (ELTE Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary)
- Big Data in Finance - Anita Suurlaht (University College Dublin)
- The Antidemocratic Turn - Mike Smeltzer & Noah Buyon (Freedom House)
- Overview of the Estonian Economy - TBA (Bank of Estonia)
Submission of proposals
PhD students are expected to submit either:
1) non-published paper related with their thesis;
2) poster to introduce their research ideas or preliminary results at the summer school.
Deadline for submissions (full papers or poster abstracts): April 30, 2021
Submission form closed.
Full papers and poster abstracts will be pre-reviewed. The notification of acceptance will be given by May 17, 2021.
Instructions for the authors
1. Poster title
2. Author(s) name(s) and institution(s)
3. A brief structured abstract (250-300 words)
Some practical tips for the authors of accepted posters. All posters must use the A0 portrait format (841 x 1189 mm/ 33.1 × 46.8 in).
Deadline for submitting final posters: June 7, 2021
Accepted posters will be printed out at the cost of Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation. The authors will get the opportunity to make a presentation at the summer school and should be available for discussion. Best poster award will be given.
Deadline for registration: June 1, 2021
Participation for members of the Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation (active PhD students and their supervisors from study programmes) will be covered by the European Union Regional Development Fund. Costs to be covered: accommodation in single rooms, materials, meals, bus transport from Tallinn/Tartu to summer school venue.
Mrs. Katrin Tamm, Project manager of Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation
School of Economics and Business Administration
University of Tartu
Phone: +372 737 6116
Address: Narva Rd 18-4029, 51009 Tartu, Estonia