Majandusteaduse ja innovatsiooni doktorikool
The PhD Summer School is the joint academic initiative of the partner institutions of the Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation that offers excellent opportunities for doctoral students in economics, political sciences, law, government and politics, and public administration and management to get feedback to their research projects, to improve presentation and research skills, and to establish academic contacts with well-known international researchers as well as local academics and experts.
In 2023, the event will take place on 27-29 June in Pühajärve, Estonia.
Photo: Sirje Sinisoo
Doctoral students from the University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn University, Estonian University of Life Sciences and Estonian Business School are welcome to participate. Participation for members of the Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation (active PhD students enrolled in the study programmes linked to the Doctoral School, as well as their supervisors) will be covered by the European Union Regional Development Fund. Costs to be covered: accommodation in twin rooms, materials, meals, bus transfer from Tallinn/Tartu to summer school venue.
In 2023, the guest lecturers are:
- Elodie Douarin, Associate Professor in Economics, University College London: "Political Participation, gender and war legacies"
- Thomas Kadner Graziano, Professor of Law, University of Geneva: "Is it legitimate and beneficial for judges to use comparative law?”
- Jens Hölscher, Professor of Economics, Bournemouth University: "The Successes and Failures of Economic Transition"
- Maria Mälksoo, Associate Professor, University of Copenhagen: "What's Deterrence Got to Do with Ritual? Tales from the Eastern Flank of NATO"
- Armi Temmes, Professor of Practice, Aalto University School of Business: "Smart and green, transition of the energy system"
The deadline for submitting doctoral working papers and posters has expired. However, should you still be interested in participating in the PhD Summer School 2023 and presenting your paper or poster there, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as submit your paper or poster through the Submission Form.
- June 1, 2023: Notification of acceptance of the submitted paper or poster abstract
- June 5, 2023: Reviewer´s comments to the working paper, if possible
- June 5, 2023: Extended deadline for the registration through the Registration form
- June 12, 2023: Deadline for submitting the final version of the working paper
- June 16, 2023 at 12.00 midday: Deadline for submitting the final version of the poster
- June 27-29, 2023: The PhD Summer School 2023 in Pühajärve
Instructions for the authors
1. Poster title
2. Author(s) name(s) and institution(s)
3. A brief structured abstract (250–300 words) including objectives, relevance, methods, results, conclusions and keywords.
The accepted posters will be printed out at the cost of the Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation. The authors will get the opportunity to make a presentation at the summer school and should be available for discussion. An award will be given to the author(s) of the best poster.
See you in Pühajärve!