Majandusteaduse ja innovatsiooni doktorikool
PhD Summer School in Economics, Management, Political Science, Law and Public Administration
Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation
Kubija Hotel & Nature Spa, Võru, Estonia
Target group: PhD students and their supervisors from the fields of Economics, Political Science, Law, Governments and Politics, Public Administration and Management. NB! Applicants from University of Tartu, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn University, Estonian University of Life Sciences and Estonian Business School are welcome.
The aim of the PhD Summer School is to develop PhD students’ presentation skills as well as their qualification of doing research, and enhance both intra-, interdistsiplinary and international research co-operation.
Programme: International summer school offers various work formats: working paper sessions, poster sessions, lectures on specific topics, workshops etc, accompanied by the social programme. Final programme
- Statistical surveys in the era of Big Data − Prof Miroslaw Szreder, University of Gdansk, Poland
- Health care reform in the USA − Prof Diana DiNitto, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Blockchain and smart contracts: The vexed problem of the applicable law − Prof Matthias Lehmann, University of Bonn, Germany
- The long run effects of educational selection: Evidence from two natural experiments − Dr Daniel Horn, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- China in Africa: drivers, patterns, impact − Prof Ari Kokko, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Measuring the efficiency of public sector organizations - evidence from analyses of secondary and tertiary education institutions − Prof Tommaso Agasisti, Politecnico Milano Graduate School of Business, Italy
Workshop for supervisors: The Art of Doctoral Student Supervision, Prof Diana DiNitto, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
Voice and improvisation training for PhD students and supervisors, Laura Põldvere, Estonian Jazz & Pop & Impro singer
Submission of proposals
PhD students are expected to submit:
1) non-published papers related with their thesis;
2) posters to introduce their research ideas or preliminary results at the summer school.
The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2018.
Please submit your paper/poster here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation for members of the Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation (active PhD students and their supervisors from study programmes) will be covered by the European Union Regional Development Fund.
Costs to be covered: accommodation in twin rooms, materials, meals, bus transport from Tallinn/Tartu to Kubija.
Instructions for authors:
Guidelines for papers: According to international standards.
Accepted papers will be presented and discussed at the summer school. Fulltexts (electronic versions) of accepted papers will be made available for summer school participants.
Guidelines for posters: Some practical tips
Accepted posters will be printed out and presented at the summer school.
Mrs. Katrin Tamm, Project manager of Doctoral School in Economics and Innovation
School of Economics and Business Administration
University of Tartu
Phone: +372 737 6116
Address: J.Liivi 4, 50409 Tartu, Estonia