1) 3D floor plan models should be low poly. We recommend that the whole building should not have more than 100 000 polygons. Filesize less than 2MB per floor.
2) Supported formats: .fbx, .dae, .lwo,
3) Supported materials: Diffuse and Transparent. Materials can have JPEG and PNG textures. Textures are limited to 1024 x 1024 pixels. WebGL prefers power of 2 textures (16 x 16 px, 32 x 32 px, 64 x 64 px etc). Non power of 2 textures will decrease the application performance. Also note that less and smaller textures are always faster.
4) No double meshes. Also try to avoid too close meshes. They cause flickering.
5) If possible, use repeated textures instead of geometry (windows, doors etc.).
6) Don't model out trees and other plants. Use transparent png images.
7) Each ceiling should be separate mesh to make it clickable in 3D Wayfinder editor.
8) Try to make the walls a bit lower, than in real buildings. Walls are then hiding less place and map is more user-friendly. The same goes for escalators and stairs also.
Doors should be as high as floor itself to be better visible.
9) Ground floor model should be on the center of coordinates. Other floors should be modeled on top of this.
10) Don't use Vray materials or other features that are for rendering purposes.
11) Linked mesh data for identical objects. When there are identical objects in your scene, use the same linked mesh data for all of them. This will reduce file size a lot.