The Institute of Chemistry at the University of Tartu has been organizing conferences on the topic of electrochemistry since 1966. The first 9 symposiums were called „Electrical double layer and adsorption at solid interfaces“. The meetings were attended and highly appraised by scientists from all over the former Soviet Union. After the re-independence of Estonia, the conference series was updated and renamed to “The Baltic Electrochemistry Conference” since it was attended by scientists from all around the Baltic Sea, as well as from UK, USA, Canada, France, Italy, Israel, etc.
Previous conferences of the series:
- 14.06.-18.06.1996 Kääriku, Estonia
- 10.06.-12.06.1999 Palanga, Lithuania
- 23.04.-26.04.2003 Gdansk-Sobieszewo, Poland
- 13.03.-16.03.2005 Greifswald, Germany
- 30.04.-03.05.2008 Tartu, Estonia
- 15.06.-17.06.2016 Helsinki, Finland